Monday, October 24, 2011

List #5 Old School Jams

I heard not one, but two songs on my XM radio today that reminded me of high school days. I can't believe there's a channel on XM for songs exclusively from the first decade of the millenium just like a 90's and 80's channel. Bad ass, right? I started thinking, though. There are 1000's of songs and bands that I have come to love since high school but I can safely say there have been very few that contain the memories and emotions that some of those high school era songs do. Of course most of them were terrible pop songs but that's not the point. They were my jam! These songs got me excited to go ride around town on a Saturday night, go to a school dance or just freaking roll with the windows down with my best girls. I wouldn't repeat high school for all the money on Earth but I would love to have just one more teenage ride with my friends, listening to our songs and just enjoying not having a care in the world. Before I get too sappy, I present to you my perfect high school playlist:





List #5 Old School Jams

1. Addicted- Simple Plan
2. Toxic- Britney Spears
3. Remix to Ignition- R. Kelly
4. Boys of Summer- The Ataris
5. When Gentry Plays Guitar- Jessica Andrews
6. Take Me Away- Fefe Dobson
7. Colt 45- Afroman
8. On the Grind- Nelly
9. Trial Time- Mr. Bigg
10. Any and every Matchbox 20 song
11. Ditto for John Mayer
12. F*ck It- Eamon
13. Where is the Love?- Black Eyed Peas
14. I Found Someone- Cher
15. Little Red Corvette- Prince
16. Boys of Summer- The Ataris
17. Still Fly & Get Your Roll On- Big Tymers
18. Buddy Holly- Weezer
19. Teenage Dirtbag- Wheatus
20. Salt Shaka- Ying Yang Twins
21. Champagne Supernova- Oasis
22. Fat Lip- Sum 41
23. Get Low- Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boys
24. Slow Motion- Juvenile
25. 21 Questions- 50 Cent
26. *Best Rap CD of the Decade* Chicken and Beer- Ludacris

I hate to stop on a random number but if I don't just quit then this list will be 5,000 songs long!
What are your high school favorites?


Love and Mixed Tapes,
Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment